THE ABCs OF LACTATION FOR PROFESSIONALS
Join us to learn how to better support breastfeeding families in a fun, relaxed environment. Meet other birth and postpartum professionals and come away with a deeper knowledge of how to support your families in their breastfeeding journey. Meets the 3 hour in-person class requirement for DONA doula certification. Babies in arms always welcome!
We will discuss:
- The History of Breastfeeding in the United States
- Cultural Sensitivity and the influence of loved ones
- Making a breastfeeding friendly birth plan
- The impacts of birth on breastfeeding
- Nursing in the immediate postpartum
- Latch 1,2,3: The importance of knowing what a proper latch looks and feels like.
- Positioning: Tips and tricks on helping the new pair get comfortable
- Common Concerns: Supply issues, engorgement, sore nipples, and more.
- Understanding scope of practice and when to refer out
- Pumping: Reasons to pump, choosing the right pump for the job, and how to store and use pumped milk
Located in Lynn, a 10 minute walk from the commuter rail. Address given after registration.
Tuition is $50 and includes a light vegetarian lunch. Tuition is only refundable if teacher cancels class. If class is on but you can’t make it, tuition can be used for the same course within 12 months. Offer expires after 12 months. Requires at least 5 attendees but space is limited, so register early.
Pay via paypal to email@example.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.